4612 19th Street is an exciting masterpiece born out of the latest collaboration between Eastwood Development and John Lum Architecture. Their shared vision of maximizing incredible views and desire for beautiful open spaces led them to use 3 exposed steel frames. These exposed steel frames became a magnificent defining feature of what we now call 19thModern. The nearly frame-less floor to ceiling windows carried through the entire back of the home make for a powerful and dynamic moment right at the first step through the front door. Its wider than usual corner lot allows for a unique sense of expanse. Its abundance of light throughout is augmented by an open floating stair case with a large skylight above.
19thModern is an engineering marvel rebuilt from the new concrete footing and slab foundation to the finest finish design features. The main level is completely open yet thoughtfully delineated for a modern lifestyle: formal living room anchored by a substantial fireplace, dining area, large open kitchen with sight lines to the view, family room and a dramatic glass “pop out” currently serving as a library/meditation room but easily turned into a breakfast nook – all connecting to a spectacular deck designed for the ultimate indoor-outdoor experience.
Three large bedrooms on the top level include a gorgeous master suite with a breathtaking downtown view, and two well-proportioned bedrooms that share a lovely connecting bathroom.
The family room is unexpectedly dramatic due to its sheer scale, accentuated by more floor-to-ceiling windows where the views are on full display. This level is also the home of the fourth en-suite bedroom, powder room and additional storage.
This home delivers on another level with an autonomous suite, ideal for a home office or guest suite. This level features a kitchenette, fabulous indoor-outdoor access to a paved view patio, and flat green yard above the home’s two-car side-by-side garage.
19thModern is centrally located in the heart of Eureka Valley on one of its best tree-lined blocks, short walk to the shops of the Castro District and a leisurely stroll to Dolores Park, Noe Valley, public transportation as well as tech shuttles.
– 5 bedrooms
– 4 full bathrooms
– 2 powder rooms
– Large family room
– Designed by renowned SF architect John Lum
– Executed by award-winning Eastwood Development SF
– Dynamic views
– Indoor-outdoor connectivity (decks, patio & greens)
– Architectural floating staircase with custom steal stair stringers with full wrap custom white oak stair treads
– Custom Bonelli windows and doors, dramatic 8’ solid core doors with Emtek hardware throughout
– Modern linear gas fireplace finished with Pierre Blue Limestone
– Lutron dimmable LED recessed lighting & 13 zones of radio RA 2 (wireless home- app controlled system)
– White-oak hardwood floor throughout (tile in baths)
– Radiant heat flooring with high efficiency boiler
– Laundry room with sink, full size W/D and storage
– Autonomous guest/office suite with separate entrance
– 4 independent climate zones on each level with dedicated Nest Thermostat controls
– 2-car garage with 220 V connection ready for an EV charger
Construction Finish & Details:
– New concrete footing and slab foundation
– Thermadore appliances in the main kitchen, including 48” range, full column 30” refrigerator and 18” freezer with custom door panel
– Bosch appliances in guest suite
– Samsung washer & dryer
– 2.8kW PV solar system installed
– Custom soft closing kitchen cabinets
– Dolomite Marble and Fresh Concrete Caesarstone counter tops
– White Carrara Marble mater bath shower
– North-East windows prewired for automatic shades
– Hot water return line for on-demand experience on each floor
– Gas line pre-installed for outdoor grill
– Nest Hello doorbell system
– Exterior – vertical Clear Red Cedar tongue and groove siding
– R 30, 21 and 15 insulation for exterior walls
– R-19, 13 for interior and partition walls